- ticket title
- EU High Representative For Foreign Affairs And Security Policy Calls For Calm And Respect For Truce
- Algerian President: We Are Ready To Help Restore Peace To Libya
- Libyas UN-backed government suspends participation in Geneva peace talks
- Update: Libyas east-based army says its attack on Turkish ship aims to prevent terrorists
- Update: UN tries to salvage Libya talks after government announces pullout
Tripoli- UNSMIL has welcomed the initiative of President of the Presidency Council, Fayez Al sarraj which he announced Sunday to address the Libyan crisis. Commenting on Al sarraj initiative, on its Facebook account, UNSMIL said' it is constructive to drive the political process forward to end the prolonged conflict in Libya'. UNSMIL said it welcomes this initiative and any other initiative proposed by the active political forces in Libya, and offers its good offices to all parties to help Libya transcend its prolonged transitional phase towards peace, stability and prosperity'. Al Sarraj has called for a political initiative to solve the Libyan crisis. The initiative comprised six points including a call for a Libyan gathering in coordination with UNSMIL where all components of Libyan society and from all regions are present and agree on appropriate constitutional base to conduct concurrent presidential and parliamentary elections before end of 2019.
Source: Libya News Agency