- ticket title
- SOS Mediterranean Announces Rescue Of 407 In The Mediterranean In 72 Hours
- Committee For Solidarity With Libyan People Set Up In Algeria
- GNA Minister Of Interior Meets Mayor Of Tawergha
- Interior Ministry Undersecretary For Migration Affairs Meets Italian Ambassador
- EU Commission: Situation In Libya Unstable, We Seek Unified European Position On Libyan Crisis
27 Aug 2014
A resolution calling for all parties in Libya to agree on an immediate ceasefire and an end to the fighting” has been adopted unanimously by the Security Council.
The North African country has been struggling to transition to a democracy since Muammar Gaddafi was toppled in an armed uprising three years ago.
A UN arms embargo imposed on Libya since 2011 has been expanded to apply to individuals and entities threatening the country’s peace, security and stability.
Jocelyne Sambira has more.