- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
27 Aug 2014
A resolution calling for all parties in Libya to agree on an immediate ceasefire and an end to the fighting” has been adopted unanimously by the Security Council.
The North African country has been struggling to transition to a democracy since Muammar Gaddafi was toppled in an armed uprising three years ago.
A UN arms embargo imposed on Libya since 2011 has been expanded to apply to individuals and entities threatening the country’s peace, security and stability.
Jocelyne Sambira has more.