- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
12 Feb 2015
Survivors of the Mediterranean Sea tragedy that cost at least 300 lives at the weekend had to cling to ropes after being pitched into the water by storm waves, the UN has said.
Details of their ordeal have emerged after 84 people were rescued by the Italian coastguard at the weekend 100 miles from land.
Among the survivors are two boys aged 12 and 14.
They are believed to have set off from Libya on Saturday in rubber dinghies provided by smugglers.
UN refugee agency officer Carlotta Sami gave an update to Daniel Johnson.