- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
Tripoli, The Price Stabilizing Fund 'PSF' is
unable to import consumer goods for the upcoming month of Ramadan,
said the Head of the 'PSF' Jamal Al Sheibani.
In an exclusive interview with the Libyan News Agency, Al
Sheibani said he regretted the fact that the 'PSF' was unable to
provide for consumers in the holy month of Ramadan, indicating that
the Fund hasn't imported any subsidized goods since October 2017,
because the Central Bank of Libya didn't open any letters of credit
in favor of the PSF ever since.
Al sheibani disclosed that goods in the PSF warehouses were a
remainder of the goods imported in the last period.
While the Central Bank is opening letters of credit for private
companies to import food, it failed to do so for PSF, Al Sheibani
He said he regretted the behavior of the Central Bank and its
failure to provide basic goods for the public during the fasting
month of Ramadan.
Source: Libya News Agency