- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
20 Feb 2015
Car bomb attacks in Mogadishu condemned by UN envoy
An attack on a hotel in the Somali capital, Mogadishu on Friday has been strongly condemned by the top UN envoy in the country.
At least 20 people, including senior members of the government are reported to have been killed in the attack which involved two car bombs and gunfire.
The assault has been claimed by the Al Shabaab terrorist group.
The head of the UN Assistance Mission in Somalia, Ambassador Nicholas Kay described the attack as “inhuman atrocities.”
The Horn of Africa country is recovering from over two decades of conflict and recurrent drought.
Terrorist bombing in Libya strongly deplored by UN
Terrorist bombings in the city of Al-Qubbah in eastern Libya on Friday have been deplored by the UN mission in the country.
According to media reports, about 45 people were killed and several others injured in three car bomb explosions.
ISIL terrorists claimed responsibility.
Stephane Dujarric is UN Spokesperson in New York.
“The mission called the bombings cowardly act. It believes that the best response to counter terrorism and violence is for the Libyans to forge ahead with the search for a political solution to end the conflict.” (11″)
Ethiopia sets new HIV testing Guinness World Record
A new Guinness World Record has been set by Ethiopia with HIV-testing, the UN agency dealing with HIV and AIDS ha announced.
UNAIDS said that over an eight-hour period on 30 November last year, some 3, 383 people were provided with voluntary HIV counselling and testing at the Gambella National Stadium.
The agency collaborated with the Government of Ethiopia which led the campaign to commemorate World AIDS Day 2014.