- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
Tripoli, Municipal Council female members issued recommendations at the end of their first gathering including creating special department for ladies at the governates and municipalities, in line with Minister of Local Government resolution, and participation of female members of municipal councils in putting in place work mechanism of the department, and reaffirmed the guidance of the minister of local government to devoute a day for a meeting of female members of municipal council. They also stressed the completion of the legislations augmenting local government law, and activate legislation in force to be followed up by the ladies. The recommendations urged the media and civil society to sensitize society about the real role of the municipalities and the effective role of female members of municipal council.
Source: Libya News Agency