- ticket title
- «دايفرسي» تعلن عن ضخ استثمارات كبيرة في أسواق الإمارات لإنتاج مطهرات «أوكسيفير» التي تقضي علي الفيروسات في ثوانٍ
- Diversey Announce Significant Investment in the UAE for Production of Oxivir Disinfectants that Neutralize Viruses in Seconds
- GardaWorld Acquires Leading Integrated Security Risk Management Firm WorldAware
- New MAXAIR Filter Time-To-Market Reduced by NIOSH Fast-Track Approval Process
- Atrium Health and United Arab Emirates Develop First in Southeast Region Surgery Fellowship Program
SmartNode VoIP… More than Just Talk!
GAITHERSBURG, Md., April 26, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Patton Electronics—US manufacturer of SmartNode VoIP CPE products— has contributed to the rebuilding effort in the Middle East by delivering a secure IP-telephony communications solution for a national oil and gas ministry.
In the wake of wartime destruction, a certain national oil and gas ministry needed to interconnect four remote sites with the main headquarters.
The project came with some interesting characteristics and requirements:
- Mobility — Two mobile sites are located aboard seagoing ships.
- Connectivity — All sites interconnect over satellite links and the public Internet.
- Security — Voice traffic must be secured against interception and snooping. However the new system must integrate with the existing software IP PBX, which does not support TLS encryption.
- Redundancy — The ministry required redundant connections to two IP-PBXs for failover service.
The local system integrator chose Patton as the supplier for VoIP customer premise equipment (CPE) because of several unique capabilities offered by the SmartNode VoIP product line, including:
- Integrated POTS interfaces: FXS for handsets, and FXO for PBX connections
- VPN server functionality, a native SmartNode option
- VoIP-over-VPN technology, delivering secure, encrypted voice, using IPsec strong encryption, AES and 3DES keying, and Internet Key Exchange (IKE).
- CODECs: comprehensive selection
- Advanced Call Routing with powerful, flexible, configurable algorithms
The SmartNode 5480 enterprise session border controller (eSBC) and router was configured to function as a VPN server. Positioned at edge of the LAN the SN5480 interconnects remote sites and headquarters using secure VPN tunnels running through the public Internet while routing local traffic to the dual-redundant IP PBX.
The SmartNode 4424 SmartNode SN4400 IpChannelBank is installed at two remote sites. With satellite connections involved, low-bandwidth CODECs were configured to optimize available bandwidth. Called numbers are screened so local traffic is routed the within the ship.
The SmartNode 4520 analog VoIP gateway-router, installed at two remote sites supports up to 8 FXS or FXO telephone connections. It combines voice-over-IP (VoIP) with advanced Quality of Service (QoS).
Earlier this week Patton added new OA&M messaging delivered to mobile teams to Patton Cloud edge-orchestration service. By replacing costly NMS and EMS with a virtualized solution, Patton Cloud reduces network complexity, CapEx and OpEx for All-IP service providers and enterprises.
Media Contact: Glendon Flowers | +1 301 975 1000 | email@example.com