- ticket title
- NOC Calls for End to Clashes in Southern Tripoli and to Save its Facilities
- EU: Berlin Conference an Opportunity for Ending Political and Military Struggle in Libya
- Belgian UN Representative: Arms Embargo in Libya is Violated by UN Members
- Concluding Session, Third Committee Sends 17 Drafts to General Assembly as Delegates Joust over Language on Sexual, Reproductive Health, Rights
- President of Presidency Council Discuss With Undersecretary Health Ministry Needs
Washington-US Army times Newspaper quoted a Defence Department official as saying 'the recent air raid carried out against ISIS positions in Libya has weakened the organisation and it is not likely that its camps inside Libya will return to pre-2016 levels.' The official who asked not to be identified referred to 4 air raids by the US forces in the last weeks, which killed nearly third of ISIS camp in Libya, namely 43 fighters while nearly 100 still there. The official said the Americans however, concentrate on a political solution to the ongoing conflict in Libya, and carried out the last strikes just to exert pressure on ISIS still inside it. Nevertheless the official doubted the organisation's ability to return to pre-2016 levels, before it lost its control of Sirte and its fighters fled to the desert. The American official said the organisation concentrates on local recruiting though foreign fighters were part of its forces.
Source: Libya News Agency