- ticket title
- Mi’tig Meets UN Special Representative and Human Affairs Coordinator
- GNA Minister of Transport on Inspection Tour of Mi’tiga Inter
- Foreign Ministry Publishes Book It Says Historical Account of 400 Years of Libyan Diplomacy
- Cross-border Movement Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- Can the Paris Agreement Succeed Without the United States?
Irish navy vessel the LÉ Róisín has rescued nearly 300 refugees off the coast of Libya.
During a four-hour mission the crew rescued 274 people from an 18 metre long wooden vessel almost 40 nautical miles away from Tripoli.
LÉ Róisín Rescues 274 Migrants from a Vessel 39 Nautical Miles NW of TRIPOLI pic.twitter.com/FLHCXaz9z6
— Irish Defence Forces (@defenceforces) May 23, 2016
The LÉ Róisín has now been tasked by Italian authorities to help with the potential rescue of another 125 people.
Once both operations have been completed the rescued people will be transferred to the Italian authorities.