- ticket title
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet: 1 – 31 October 2019
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 91,568 in 2019; Deaths Reach 1,091
- Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Syria, Yemen, World migration trends (15 November 2019)
- UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]
- Hunger, displacement and migration – A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya
The LÉ Róisín has rescued 123 people from a boat off the coast of Libya.
The migrants and refugees were in a 12 metre rubber vessel – about 28 Nautical Miles north west of Tripoli.
The Irish naval service also found the body of a man on board the boat.
LÉ Róisín Rescues 123 Migrants and Recovers One Body from a Vessel 28 Nautical Miles NW of TRIPOLI. pic.twitter.com/6QonenGzKg
— Irish Defence Forces (@defenceforces) May 28, 2016
The operation took 2 and a half hours to complete.
The rescued migrants are now receiving food, water and medical treatment where required.
LÉ Róisín has rescued 642 people since it joined the international rescue operation in the Mediterranean.