- ticket title
- Coronavirus, Conflict Threaten Thousands of Refugees, Migrants Detained in Libya
- One year of destructive war in Libya, UNSMIL renews calls for immediate cessation of hostilities and unity to combat COVID-19
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
- Press Conference by President of Security Council on Work Programme for April
- EU launches Operation IRINI to enforce Libya arms embargo
NNA – Italy’s anti-immigration interior minister said on a visit to Libya on Monday he had proposed setting up migrant reception centers at Libya’s southern borders to help stanch a flow of migrants across the Mediterranean Sea to Italy.
Matteo Salvini, whose far right League party has campaigned to bar migrants fleeing Africa and expel those already in Italy, and has been in a governing coalition since the start of June, did not say in which countries such centers could be located.–Reuters