- ticket title
- DTM Libya – Tripoli Flash Update #17 (23 May 2019)
- Continuing Session, Non-Governmental Organizations Committee Recommends 32 Groups for Consultative Status with Economic and Social Council, Defers Action on 52
- Stopping the War for Tripoli – Middle East and North Africa Briefing N69
- PC Deputy meets Governor of Central Bank of Libya
- Manchester Marks Anniversary of Concert Bombing
An armoured ambulance vehicle carrying the Director of the Ambulance and Emergency Medical Services was directly attacked yesterday in Twaisha area in Qasr bin Ghashir neighbourhood, reportedly by LNA-affiliated fighters, leaving the Director in a critical health condition and further injuring two paramedics.
The Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya, Maria Ribeiro, expresses her strong condemnation of this attack as a serious breach of International Humanitarian Law. Direct attack of a marked ambulance seriously injuring three health workers is absolutely abhorrent and should not be tolerated. Those who ordered and carried out this attack must take legal and moral responsibility for this heinous act.
Health workers in Tripoli have taken a heavy toll since the onset of hostilities started early April, and we prevail upon parties to the conflict to respect their clear obligation under International Humanitarian Law to protect medical teams.
Source: UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs