- ticket title
- Eastern Libya forces say 16 Turkish soldiers killed in fighting
- WFP requires urgent funds in Libya as humanitarian needs rise [EN/AR]
- UNSMIL Grateful For ‘Sincerity And Enthusiasm’ Of Libyan 5+5 Committee
- Libya’s Consulate In Milano Tells Community To Be Cautious
- Bugdanov: Russian Foreign Policy Based On Constant Support For Libya’s Independence
Head of Libya’s Constitutional Drafting Assembly (CDA) Ali Abdessalem Tarhouni said he hoped his country would make the most of the Tunisian experience, a National Constituent Assembly (NCA) press release indicated.
Meeting Wednesday in Tunis with NCA President Mustapha Ben Jaafar, Tarhouni said “the success of the Tunisian experience will have a positive impact on the whole region.”
Ben Jaafar said Tunisia is willing to “keep on supporting Libya to contribute to the success of its transition.”
He spoke about Tunisia’s drafting of its new Constitution amid an intensive dialogue between political players and civil society and a quest for consensus “which helped finalise a constitution that meets the expectations of Tunisians.”
A working session previously gathered delegations of the NCA and Libya’s CDA it focused on the characteristics and founding principles of the Tunisian charter and the methodology of its drafting.
The Libyan side also briefed the NCA delegation about the content of the future constitution.
Source : Tunis Afrique Presse