- ticket title
- Microsoft announces 2020 Partner of the Year Awards winners and finalists
- مايكروسوفت تعلن عن الفائزين والمرشحين النهائيين لجوائز شريك العام لمايكروسوفت 2020
- GardaWorld Acquires Leading Integrated Security Risk Management Firm WorldAware
- RevBits announces issuance of two U.S. patents covering next generation email security for MS Outlook users
- شركة ريفبيتس تعلن إصدار براءتي اختراع أميركيتين تشملان أمن الجيل القادم للبريد الألكتروني لمستخدمي أم أس أوتلوك
NNA – A boat carrying hundreds of migrants has capsized off the Greek island of Crete and a major rescue operation is underway, the Greek coastguard said Friday.
“The number of people in distress could be counted in the hundreds,” a spokeswoman for the coastguard said. “People are in the water, boats crossing the area have thrown lifebuoys and are moving to save the migrants.”
The flow into Europe via Greece and the Balkans route, which hundreds of thousands of people used in 2015, has slowed after countries shut their borders.
But a bout of good weather as summer arrives has kicked off a fresh stream of boats trying to make the perilous crossing.
In one of the worst tragedies in the Mediterranean recently, a fishing trawler with some 650 people capsized off the coast of Libya on Wednesday.–AFP