- ticket title
- Egyptian FM, UN envoy discuss ways to resolve Libyan crisis
- UNHCR Resettlement Update #86 – Libya-Niger Situation
- Acting Education Minister Cancels Measures Suspending Teachers Salaries
- Libyan Audit Office Selected Member of Arabosai
- Mi’tig: Council Gave Authorization to Municipalities to Resolve Rubbish Problems
Tripoli, Western Sector Coast Guard has rescued Sunday morning 7 boats with illegal immigrants holding Arab and African nationalities north of Sabrata. Navy forces spokesman, Col Ayub Amr Qassem explained that during its routine patrol and reconnaissance mission, it spotted at 07.30 am 7 large boats including one old boat which was about to sink with 850 illegal immigrants onboard 6 miles north of Sabrata. In a phone call with Lana, he said all illegal immigrants were rescued after seeking help of a tug from Zawia oil refinery to toe the old boat into Zawia Refinery, where they were met by the Libyan Red Crescent and International Medical Corporation which offered them medical and humanitarian services. Qasim said among illegal immigrants 69 women, including 11 pregnant women and 11 children. All immigrants were handed over to the Anti-illegal Immigration Body in Zawia City, he added.
Source: Libyan News Agency