- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
TRIPOLI, Feb 18 — An unknown warplane attacked a civilian airport in Al-Zantan city which is controlled by the Tobruk-based interim government on Tuesday midday.
The airstrike forced cancellation of flights to and from the airport including those prepared for the evacuation of Egyptians trapped in northeast Libya, according to a statement by the press office of the airport.
The administration of the airport urged the Libyan authorities to protect the airport and ensure the safety of travellers while the interim government blamed the attack and a similar earlier airstrike on the Islamist-backed Tripoli-based government.