- ticket title
- Libya: Russian FM calls for early ceasefire at meeting with UN-backed GNA officials
- EASTERN FORCES QUIT LIBYAN CAPITAL AFTER YEAR-LONG ASSAULT
- Libya: Landmines Left After Armed Group Withdraws [EN/AR]
- Ethiopian Diaspora Champions Digital Apps in Fight Against COVID
- How COVID Is Affecting Elections in Africa
New York, The UN Secretary General, Antonio
Guterres called for speeding up the preparation for an appropriate
climate for elections in Libya. He called on the House of
Representatives and High State Council for consultations and finalize
election law as soon as possible.
In press statement, Guterres welcomed the realized progress in
the UN plan of Action, and launching the national gathering,
considering its meeting an important factor to encourage the public
and urge them for initiatives and express their ideas and present
their opinions in the public domain for discussions and study.
The UN Secretary general viewed Libyan women participation in
the political process an encouraging sign for gender equality and
women participation in the political life. He praised the
achievement made in national reconciliation.
Antonio Guterres stressed the need for the return of the
displaced to their places of origin voluntarily and safely noting the
need for the return of the people of Taurgha.
Source: Libya News Agency