- ticket title
- 107 Illegal Migrants Including Women and Children Have Been Rescued
- UNICEF: Millions of Children Suffer Because of Conflict in Yemen, Syria and Libya
- Sun’allah: NOC Has Big Role in Upgrading Libyan Economy
- Libya: Euros 2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs
- Kremlin: Putin and Merkel Agree on Avoiding Armed Struggle in Libyan Conflict
UNITED NATIONS, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged parties in Lybia to join efforts to find a consensual solution to the country's ongoing crisis.
On Dec. 17, 2015, the Libyan Political Agreement was signed in Skhirat, Morocco. Saturday marks one year since the signing of the UN-brokered deal.
Ban said he cautions that the slow pace of implementation of the agreement has not brought the stability to the country, and therefore he urged those that are not currently engaged in the process to join the efforts, according to a statement released by his spokesperson.
"The Secretary-General reiterates that the United Nations will continue to accompany the process and support the Libyan people," said the statement.
Over the past year, under the agreement, the Presidency Council was formed and operates from Tripoli. However, Libya remains divided politically. And terrorism remains a major threat to the country.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK