- ticket title
- Miami International Holdings and MGEX Announce Plan of Merger; MGEX to Join MIAX Exchange Group
- مؤشر أسهم بيرميودا والشركة الأم ميامي إنترناشيونال هولدنغز، تعلنان عن إدراج 1.94 مليار دولار لـ أن سي أل كوربوريشن
- XCMG’s Global Livestreaming Proves a Success as Third Event Turnover Reaches US$28 Million in Five Hours
- With a Brand Value of Over 105 Billion Yuan, Shanghai Electric Ranks 48th Most Valuable in China
- أيبك تحقق صافي أرباح بقيمة 9.02 مليون دولار أمريكي في النصف الأول من العام 2020
4 Dec 2014
Girls in the city of Voinjama read information about how to prevent the spread of Ebola. Photo: UNICEF/2014/Liberia/Jallanzo
• Liberia has met targets for treating Ebola patients and for the safe burial of people who died from the disease. That’s according to the UN’s senior official on Ebola in the West African country. December 1st was the deadline set by the UN to isolate and treat 70 per cent of cases and to bury safely 70 per cent of the people who have died. About 6,000 people have succumbed to the virus in West Africa, mainly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
A South Sudanese father of five seeks better life in Uganda
• The conflict which broke out in South Sudan between government and rebel forces in December last year has forced a father of five to flee to Uganda to protect his children. The 45-year old man first fled with his wife and children to find safety in the UN compound in Bor, the capital of Jonglei State. But in April this year, his wife was killed when an armed mob forced its way into the compound and attacked people who sought shelter there.
Ethiopia has political will to push industrialization
• Ethiopia has the ability to attract good people and smart capital and to work hard to advance its agenda of industrialization. That’s the view of a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The Chinese national, who is also adviser to several African leaders on industrialization, was at the UN to attend an event for Africa Industrialization Day which is observed on 20 November each year.
Producer/Presenter: Derrick Mbatha
Production Assistant: Sandra Guy
Studio Engineer: Shalako Gordon