- ticket title
- Al Tayeb Al Bakoush Acquaints Himself With Human Rights and Humanitarian Situation in Libya.
- President of Presidency Council receives congratulation cable from Algerian President at anniversary of Maghreb Union.
- Benghazi Stabilization Committee grants permission to municipality to contract for development projects.
- President of Presidency Council meets emergency officials.
- National Libyan Conference Preparatory Committee Meets in Traghen.
The Ministries of the Interior and Defence of Italy, Portugal, Greece and Spain are participating as ‘practitioners’ in the ‘Integrated Maritime Surveillance Awareness’ (Marisa) research project aiming to simplify the exchange of information. The objective is to combat illegal migration, …Read more
The number of crossings of the Mediterranean Sea to Europe fell last year to 119 000, partly as a result of EU efforts to support the Libyan coast guard and also thanks to the EUNAVFOR MED Operation Sophia for apprehending …Read more
The Commission is appalled by reports on abuses carried out against migrants and refugees inside Libya. It is important to underline that trafficking in human beings (THB) needs to be tackled in all countries where it takes places, not just …Read more
… Read more
Lynn Boylan (GUE/NGL ). – Mr President, I would like to welcome Prime Minister Plenković. As a country on Europe’s eastern border, it is regrettable that Croatia has played a role in the creation of ‘Fortress Europe’. ‘Fortress
The EU's policy in Libya is to work towards a political solution and stabilisation, key to a sustainable response to the migration challenge, including supporting United Nations (UN) efforts in this respect.
The protection of human rights are at the …Read more
Every week, IRIN’s team of specialist editors scans the humanitarian horizon to curate a reading list on important and unfolding trends and events around the globe:
Kenya stumbles into an avoidable crisis
Tensions are running high in Kenya. After opposition …Read more