- ticket title
- Eastern Libya forces say 16 Turkish soldiers killed in fighting
- WFP requires urgent funds in Libya as humanitarian needs rise [EN/AR]
- UNSMIL Grateful For ‘Sincerity And Enthusiasm’ Of Libyan 5+5 Committee
- Libya’s Consulate In Milano Tells Community To Be Cautious
- Bugdanov: Russian Foreign Policy Based On Constant Support For Libya’s Independence
21 Aug 2014
The Security Council has a unique responsibility to maintain international peace and security, the UN Secretary-General reminded its members on Thursday.
Ban Ki-moon made the remarks during an open debate in the Council on conflict prevention.
The meeting was convened by the United Kingdom which holds the rotating presidency of the Security Council in August.
Derrick Mbatha reports.