- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
21 Aug 2014
The Security Council has a unique responsibility to maintain international peace and security, the UN Secretary-General reminded its members on Thursday.
Ban Ki-moon made the remarks during an open debate in the Council on conflict prevention.
The meeting was convened by the United Kingdom which holds the rotating presidency of the Security Council in August.
Derrick Mbatha reports.