- ticket title
- بنك الفلاح وتيراباي يدشنان خدمة التحويلات المالية المنزلية إلى باكستان
- فوربس: كومنولث دومينيكا يدير “أحد أرقى برامج الجنسية عن طريق الاستثمار في العالم” – “العمود الفقري لاستراتيجية النمو الأخضر بالجزيرة”
- شركة شنغهاي إلكتريك تحوز على عقد هندسة ومشتريات وبناء للمرحلة الخامسة من مشروع حديقة دبي الشمسية
- جي أيه سولار تقدم الوحدات الشمسية لمشروع ماليزيا الأول لأجهزة التعقب الشمسي الثنائية الجانب زائد
- هواوي تعلن عن بدء نشر مركزها الجديد للألعاب على الأجهزة الجوالة – مركز ألعاب هواوي
This year’s capital market quiz, covering savings, insurance, loans, micro insurance, investment, general, knowledge, current affairs and stock exchange, has taken place in Accra.
It was organised by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to help young ones, as potential managers of the country’s financial and economic affairs, learn about capital investment.
At the end of the contest, Presby Boys Senior High School (SHS) emerged the winner, with West Africa SHS taking the second position, Odorgonno SHS coming third, St. Johns Grammar SHS taking the fourth position and Datus SHS coming fifth.
Out of the fifteen schools, five — Odorgonno SHS, St. John’s Grammar SHS, Datus SHS, Presby Boys SHS and West Africa SHS— qualified to participate in the finals.
Citations and cash prices were presented to all participating schools.
In his opening remarks, the Director General of SEC, Mr Adu Anane-Antwi, said the youth needed to be well-informed and educated on the ethics of investment to promote national development.
Mr Anane-Antwi noted that the formation of and participation in the activities of the ‘Child Finance Club’ would help the young ones gain from the knowledge of investment for their financial and economic well-being instead of indulging in other social vices that would ruin their lives.
‘The knowledge of handling or managing finance and invest by these young ones is very crucial’, he noted.
He urged participating schools to invest usefully on their mobile phone credits, adding that financial management was very important in the lives of the young ones.
Mr Anane-Antwi said the quiz was going be extended to other regions in order for the investment message to reach the entire population nationwide.
Source: ISD (Tally Ansah Asiedu)