- ticket title
- Libya: Tripoli Clashes Situational Report No.14 (As of 20 April 2019)
- Tunisian Foreign Ministry: Efforts Underway to Hold Meeting for Foreign Ministers of Tunisia, Egypt and Algeria to Halt Military Confrontations in Libya
- African Asylum-Seekers Could Bear Brunt of Proposed Travel Curbs
- Italian President: No to the Mediterranean to be a theatre for conflict over Libya
- Flights resume at Amitiq airport
The below is attributable to Deputy Spokesperson Robert Palladino:
Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo met today with Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir and Saudi Ambassador to the United States Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz in Riyadh. The Secretary and the Minister discussed critical regional issues, including Iran, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Libya, and Afghanistan. The Secretary and the Minister agreed on the importance of continuing to support political progress in order to achieve peace in Yemen. The Secretary and the Minister discussed the need for continued regional efforts to stand against the Iranian regime’s malign activity and to advance peace, prosperity, and security.
The Secretary emphasized the importance of Saudi Arabia continuing its investigation into the murder of Jamal Khashoggi in order to ascertain facts, assess information, and hold those responsible accountable. The Secretary and the Minister looked forward to working together to continue building upon the important, strategic partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia.
Source: U.S. State Department