- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
NNA – U.S. ally Saudi Arabia is “optimistic” about Donald Trump’s impending presidency, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said Monday, hailing Trump’s stern line on arch-Saudi rival Iran and promise to defeat the Islamic State group.
“When we look at the Trump administration’s view as articulated — wanting to restore America’s role in the world — we welcome this,” Jubeir told a group of reporters during a visit to Paris.
“Wanting to defeat ISIS: absolutely. Wanting to contain Iran and prevent it from causing mischief through its negative policies in the region: absolutely, we have been calling for this for years,” he said.
“Our interests align,” he said, declaring that Washington and Riyadh also shared the same objectives on Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, terrorism and “energy issues.”
“We look forward to working with them (Trump’s team) in all the areas that are of interest or concern to both of us,” he said. —AFP