- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
NNA – U.S. ally Saudi Arabia is “optimistic” about Donald Trump’s impending presidency, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said Monday, hailing Trump’s stern line on arch-Saudi rival Iran and promise to defeat the Islamic State group.
“When we look at the Trump administration’s view as articulated — wanting to restore America’s role in the world — we welcome this,” Jubeir told a group of reporters during a visit to Paris.
“Wanting to defeat ISIS: absolutely. Wanting to contain Iran and prevent it from causing mischief through its negative policies in the region: absolutely, we have been calling for this for years,” he said.
“Our interests align,” he said, declaring that Washington and Riyadh also shared the same objectives on Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, terrorism and “energy issues.”
“We look forward to working with them (Trump’s team) in all the areas that are of interest or concern to both of us,” he said. —AFP