- ticket title
- More than 100 illegal immigrants deported from Libya
- Libya’s UN-backed government condemns deadly airstrike in Tripoli
- Salame and Deputy Meet Delegation From Misrata Including Members of House of Representatives and High Council of State
- Presidency Council Blames UN Mission for Death of Children in Arial Shelling in Al Fernaj
- GNA Foreign Ministry of Social Affairs Condemns Massacre of Children in Al Fernaj
Our main goal for the Malta summit is to stem the flow of irregular migration from Libya to Europe. This is the only way to stop people dying in the deserts and at sea. This is also the only way to gain control over migration in Europe.
After my talks with Italian Prime Minister Gentiloni yesterday in Rome and this morning with Libyan Prime Minister Al-Sarraj on their bilateral cooperation, I can say that this goal is within our reach. I also had talks with other EU leaders, including President Hollande yesterday and Chancellor Merkel this morning, about this bilateral cooperation between Italy and Libya and we agreed on the need to support Italy in this cooperation, especially the Memorandum of Understanding which should be signed in Rome, I hope today or tonight. Europe should and will stand by Italy in sharing the responsibility.