- ticket title
- US accuses Russia of sending jets to help its ‘mercenaries’ in Libya
- Libya: East-based warlord Haftar seeks to rouse forces against Turkey as UN-recognised forces gain successes
- Protecting Civilians in Conflict Requires Stronger Adherence to International Law, Accountability for Violations, Secretary-General Tells Security Council
- Libya: COVID-19 – Situation Report No. 5, As of 27 May 2020
- Health assessment at community level (Muhallas), May 2020
Tripoli, President of Presidency Council, Supreme Commander of the Libyan army, Fayez Al sarraj met with Minister of Interior, chief of general staff, Commander of Joint Operations, and commanders of Western and Central Militray zones. The meeting also included Commander of the Presidential Guard, Commander of Anti-terrorism agency, Head of General Intelligence and members of the Security Arrangements Committee, in the of Ghassan Salama and his deputy Stephan Williams. The meeting discussed steps taken on security arrangements in Greater Tripoli, deployment of forces to enforce security, and implementation stages for the plan, and identify needs such as arms, ammunitions, and fuel. The Supreme Commander instructed to integrate the recommendations and coordinate between security arrangements committee and operations centre for Greater Tripoli. They agreed to allocate budgets to provide required needs. The meeting approved army salary including the approved increases. The Supreme commander stressed the need to partially lift the embargo on arms to enable the government implement security arrangements and military institutions perform their tasks. He called on the international community to offer necessary support to realize stability. On his part the UN envoy welcomed the efforts made by the GNA in implementing security arrangements and the response of all parties, but renewed his warning to impose international sanctions on obstructers of such arrangements. He stressed that such arrangements which began in Tripoli to be extended to cover other parts of the country.
Source: Libya News Agency