- ticket title
- EU condemns presence of foreign mercenaries in Libya
- AMINE GEMAYEL TALKS DEVELOPMENTS WITH TUNISIAN AMBASSADOR
- TURKISH AMBASSADOR: FRANCE TURNS BLIND EYE TO UAE, EGYPT’S VIOLATIONS IN LIBYA
- FRANCE PULLS OUT OF NATO LIBYA FORCE AMID TURKEY TENSIONS
- Libya: Health Sector Bulletin (June 2020)
TRIPOLI-Violence has escalated over the past few days in and around the Libyan capital of Tripoli. Nearly half a million children in Tripoli and tens of thousands more in the western areas are at direct risk due to the intensification of fighting.
UNICEF calls on all parties to the conflict to protect every child at all times and keep them out of harm's way in line with International Humanitarian Law.
UNICEF reminds all parties to refrain from committing grave violations against children, including the recruitment and use of children in fighting.
"UNICEF remains on the ground in Libya during this critical time to provide - with its partners - needed support to children and their families."
Source: UN Children's Fund