- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
Local Supply Chain Company to Purchase New Equipment and Increase Productivity
November 12, 2014 – Halifax, NS – Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Nova Scotia’s Aerospace and Defence sector is comprised of companies that manufacture and supply parts for local, national and international firms. Mil-Aero Electronics Atlantic Inc. does exactly this, producing custom-made electronic enclosures and cables for use in aerospace, military, telecommunications and other industrial applications.
Mil-Aero’s core products are cables and harness assemblies, electrical control boxes and other value-added parts. Keeping on top of rapidly evolving industry standards for the efficient production of these parts requires continual equipment upgrades. Currently, Mil-Aero is seeking to acquire a tunnel heater, wire processing equipment, an air compressor, a security system and over moulding equipment. This project will enable the company to boost productivity, and to secure and deliver on larger contracts, in-turn generating wealth and jobs for the regional economy.
The Government of Canada, through ACOA’s Business Development Program, is providing a $221,263 repayable contribution to assist Mil-Aero with the financing to purchase the new equipment. This assistance will also enable the company to provide expedited delivery and enhanced customer service to their customers in Canada, the United States and Europe.
• Due to its success and growth, Mil-Aero has almost tripled its facility space since inception, increasing from 3000 square feet in 2002 to 10,000 square feet today.
• In addition to Canadian customers, Mil-Aero has developed an impressive list of blue chip customers for its products in the United States.
• Mil-Aero is an AS9100 certified organization. This quality management certification is an internationally-recognized standard and considered to be a benchmark requirement for the quality and safety of aerospace products.
• Since February 2014, Mil-Aero has created 25 new jobs, increasing the employee total to 46.
• Mil-Aero makes a practice of hiring NSCC summer students, of whom four have remained with the company on an ongoing part-time basis.
“With over ten years in the industry, Mil-Aero Electronics Atlantic Inc. produces high-calibre electronic enclosures and cables that are refined, perfected and customized to meet the needs of its North American and European clients in aerospace, defence and telecommunications. Our Government is pleased to support Mil-Aero as they continue to innovate, grow and compete on a global scale.”
- Gerald Keddy, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Revenue and for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and Member of Parliament for South Shore-St. Margaret’s, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (ACOA)
“Mil-Aero is very excited to take the next steps in our plans for growth and expansion. We are confident that with our new location, equipment and infrastructure we will be better able to serve our current customers, expand our capabilities, secure future contracts and create further economic activity in the Maritimes.”
- Paul Greedy, President, Mil-Aero Electronics Atlantic Inc.
Director, Communications and Outreach
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Mil-Aero Electronics Atlantic Inc.