- ticket title
- German Ambassador to Libya: Berlin Conference Seeks to Put in Place Integrated Plan to Assist Libya
- Coorperation Agreement Signed by GNA and International Centre for Migration Policy Development
- NOC Board Announces Ambitious Plans to Push Production Levels to 2
- In Syria, A Mutilated Corpse, Video Evidence, And New Scrutiny For Russian Mercenaries
- IOM: Urgent Shift Needed in Approach to the Situation in Libya
About 400 migrants are feared drowned after their boat capsized off Libya, survivors have told Save the Children organisation.
Survivors said that the latest tragedy happened after the boat, carrying about 550 migrants in total, overturned a day after leaving Libya.
The coast guard had helped rescue some 144 people on Monday and immediately launched an air and sea search operation in hopes of finding others.
No other survivors or bodies have been recovered.
Earlier Tuesday, the European Union’s top migration official said the EU must quickly adapt to the growing numbers of migrants trying to reach its shores, as new figures showed that more than 7,000 migrants have been plucked from the Mediterranean in the last four days.
Source : Tunis Afrique Presse