- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
PRINCETON, New Jersey, May 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Miami International Holdings, Inc. (MIH) today reported the April 2019 trading activity for its three fully electronic options exchanges – MIAX®, MIAX PEARL™ and MIAX Emerald™ (together, the MIAX Exchange Group™). The MIAX Exchange Group collectively executed over 37 million equity option contracts in April for a combined average daily volume (ADV) of 1,765,446 contracts, representing a total U.S. equity options market share of 10.75%.
|Trading Volume for MIAX Exchange Group,
|Equity Options Contracts||April-19||April-18||% Chg.||Mar-19||% Chg.||April-19||April-18||% Chg.|
|U.S. Equity Options
|MIAX Exchange Group||37,074,375||30,457,841||21.7%||36,139,275||2.6%||142,066,631||126,986,412||11.9%|
|Equity Options ADV||April-19||April-18||% Chg.||Mar-19||% Chg.||April-19||April-18||% Chg.|
|U.S. Equity Options
|MIAX Exchange Group||1,765,446||1,450,373||21.7%||1,720,918||2.6%||1,732,520||1,548,615||11.9%|
|Equity Option Market Share for MIAX Exchange Group,
|Equity Options Market
|April-19||April-18||% Chg.||Mar-19||% Chg.||April-19||April-18||% Chg.|
|MIAX Exchange Group||10.75%||8.55%||25.7%||9.89%||8.8%||10.13%||8.19%||23.7%|
Other news and achievements include:
- Announced partnership with the Minneapolis Grain Exchange, Inc. (MGEX) pursuant to which MGEX will serve as the exclusive exchange to list, trade and clear futures products on the SPIKES® Volatility Index, subject to CFTC approval.
- Announced partnership with Templum Inc., a leading innovating financial technology company, and its subsidiary, Templum Markets, LLC, to develop a fully regulated, SEC-registered exchange to list and trade digital securities operated as a facility of an exchange owned by MIH, subject to SEC approval.
- Reached 1% market share on April 2, 2019, 23 days following launch.
- Completed its strategic symbol rollout on April 29, 2019 and now list over 2,680 symbols.
MIAX Exchange Group
- New daily record for market share during April 2019
- 11.64% market share achieved collectively on MIAX, MIAX PEARL, and MIAX Emerald on April 15, 2019
- New monthly record for market share during April 2019
- 10.75% market share achieved collectively on MIAX, MIAX PEARL, and MIAX Emerald
For further information on SPIKES, please visit: https://www.miaxoptions.com/
|Corporate Communications Contact:||Dominique Prunetti-Miller|
|JConnelly Media Contact:||Tony Kono|
About MIH and the MIAX Exchange Group
Miami International Holdings, Inc. (MIH) is the parent holding company of Miami International Securities Exchange, LLC (MIAX®), MIAX PEARL, LLC (MIAX PEARL™) and MIAX Emerald, LLC (MIAX Emerald™ and together with MIAX and MIAX PEARL, the MIAX Exchange Group), three fully electronic options trading exchanges.
MIAX, MIAX PEARL and MIAX Emerald leverage the MIAX Exchange Group’s industry-leading technology and infrastructure to provide their member firms with traditional pricing and pro rata allocation (MIAX), maker-taker pricing and price-time allocation (MIAX PEARL) market structures, and a hybrid market structure with maker-taker pricing and pro rata allocation (MIAX Emerald).
MIAX Options serves as the exclusive exchange venue for cash-settled options on the SPIKES® Volatility Index (Ticker: SPIKE), a measure of the expected 30-day volatility in the SPDR® S&P 500® ETF (SPY).
The MIAX Exchange Group’s executive offices and National Operations Center are located in Princeton, NJ, with a Miami Operations Center and additional offices located in Miami, FL.
To learn more about MIH and the MIAX Exchange Group visit www.MIAXOptions.com.
Disclaimer and Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any securities of Miami International Holdings, Inc. (together with its subsidiaries, the Company), and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer; solicitation or sale would be unlawful. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as “may”, “future”, “plan” or “planned”, “will” or “should”, “expected,” “anticipates”, “draft”, “eventually” or “projected”. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements.
All third-party trademarks (including logos and icons) referenced by the Company remain the property of their respective owners. Unless specifically identified as such, the Company’s use of third-party trademarks does not indicate any relationship, sponsorship, or endorsement between the owners of these trademarks and the Company. Any references by the Company to third-party trademarks is to identify the