- ticket title
- Globalization Partners Launches Revenue Team in EMEA
- شركة غلوبالايزيشن بارتنرز تؤسس فريقا للعائدات في أوروبا، الشرق الأوسط وأفريقيا
- شركة “مير سيانتيفيك” تعلن عن التثبت من فحصها لسرطان البروستاتا القائم على البول وغير الاقتحامي الذي نشر في مجلة يورولوجي
- إل سي وايكيكي تطرح مسابقة #LCWKEGIRL على إنستجرام لعشاق الموضة
- أول مستشفيين في الولايات المتحدة يزرعان أداة قلب من الجيل التالي لتقليل المخاطر من الإصابة بالسكتة القلبية
Industry’s first 6-in-1 biosensor turns smartphones into your personal health companion
HSINCHU, Taiwan, Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — MediaTek Inc. today unveiled MediaTek Sensio™, the first 6-in-1 smartphone biosensor module. MediaTek Sensio is a powerful advanced health monitoring solution which makes it easy to track heart rate information, blood pressure trends, peripheral oxygen saturation levels and more. Available as an embedded module in smartphones, MediaTek Sensio makes it possible for consumers to quickly check and monitor physical wellness on a device they use most – their smartphone.
“Giving people the power to access their health information with a smartphone is a major step in making the world a healthier place,” said Dr. Yenchi Lee, Sr. Director of Product Marketing for MediaTek’s wireless business. “With our MediaTek Sensio biosensor module and software, developers and device makers have a powerful, embedded health monitoring solution that delivers heart and fitness information in around 60 seconds.”
The MediaTek Sensio MT6381 is a comprehensive software and module solution designed specifically to deliver valuable health data, consisting of optical, electrical and processing components. The customizable, compact solution means device manufacturers have the flexibility to embed the MediaTek Sensio module directly into all types of smartphones, versus using multiple sensors. With MediaTek Sensio, manufacturers are able to develop proprietary applications or leverage third-party applications and developer add-ons.
The module uses light emitting diodes (LEDs) in conjunction with a light sensitive sensor to measure the absorption of red and infrared light by the user’s fingertips. By touching a device’s sensors and electrodes with your fingertips, MediaTek Sensio creates a closed loop between your heart and the biosensor to measure ECG and PPG waveforms. Watch how MediaTek Sensio works.
Sensio delivers these six key health data points in about 60 seconds:
- Heart-rate – MediaTek Sensio measures heart beats per minute.
- Heart-Rate Variability – MediaTek Sensio measures variation in the time between heartbeats.
- Blood Pressure Trends – MediaTek Sensio measures blood pressure trends so users can see a range of data over a period of time.
- Peripheral Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) – MediaTek Sensio measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – MediaTek Sensio measures the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time and displays it in graph form.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) – MediaTek Sensio measures the change in volume of blood.
The first 6-in-1 total hardware and software solution, consisting of optical, electrical and processing components, delivers a package of smart health solutions that will help users to be more informed about their fitness levels.
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 includes:
- Integrated R and IR LEDs for reflective PPG measurement + 1-channel ECG analog front-end
- Compact 6.8 mm x 4.93 mm x 1.2 mm OLGA 22-pin package
- Total External BOM: 4 caps + 2 electrodes
- I2C /SPI digital interface
MediaTek Sensio will be available beginning in early 2018.
For more information visit MediaTek Sensio
Disclaimer: MediaTek Sensio and related software is neither an end product nor intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. There are inherent limitations in MediaTek Sensio and related software and other factors that may affect the accuracy of the information and data provided by MediaTek Sensio and related software, including heart rate readings, such as environmental conditions, skin conditions, specific activities performed, designs or settings of the device, sensor placement, and other end-user interactions.
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek Incorporated (TWSE: 2454) is a global fabless semiconductor company that enables 1.5 billion connected devices a year. We are a market leader in developing innovative systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile device, home entertainment, connectivity and IoT products. Our dedication to innovation has positioned us as a driving market force in several key technology areas, including highly power-efficient mobile technologies and advanced multimedia solutions across a broad range of products such as smartphones, tablets, digital televisions, OTT boxes, wearables and automotive solutions. MediaTek empowers and inspires people to expand their horizons and more easily achieve their goals through smart technology. We call this idea Everyday Genius and it drives everything we do. Visit www.mediatek.com for more information.