- ticket title
- Libya Coast Guard Intercepts Dozens of Europe-Bound Migrants
- US Ambassador to Libya Announces his Participation in Berlin Conference
- US Congress Considers Libya Stabilization Act
- Merkel and Putin Discuss Libya, Syria and Ukraine
- Egypt Hosts Meeting Of Libyan Lawmakers To Unite Settlement Efforts
TRIPOLI, Libya, El-Feel oil field in southern Libya, resumed production on Saturday, after six months of suspension due to protests.
"The workers of El-Feel oil field last night concluded the field's resumption of operation," the field's management said in a statement.
The resumption came, two days after the state-owned National Oil Corporation (NOC), lifted the suspension of operation in the field.
The oil field had been closed since Feb because of withdrawal of protesting security guards.
The production capacity of the field is about 50,000 barrels per day, which is expected to increase this week to about 70,000 barrels per day, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, the oil and gas company, Mellitah, announced that, it will start drilling two new oil wells, in the Bouri offshore field.
The move seeks to develop offshore fields, in order to increase the country's daily oil production, the company said.
Source: Nam News Network