- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
Libya’s Representative to UNESCO confirms that recovery of
smuggled Libyan archaeology continuing.
Tuesday , 24– 04– 2018 – 16:17:00
Paris, 24 April 2018 (Lana) Libya’s Representative to UNESCO,
Dr Abdelqader Al Saeh has confirmed that recovery of smuggled Libyan
archaeology is continuing in coordination between Libyan and Spanish
In an exclusive statement to Lana Tuesday, he said after follow
up of a person selling smuggled Libyan archaeological articles and
storming his place by the Spanish authorities, apparently the items
are enormous and mostly smuggled from Cyrene.
Dr Abdelqader Al Saeh praised the Spanish authorities for their
full coordination with the Libyan authorities to catch the smugglers,
explaining that there are suspicion that trafficking of
archaeological articles could be linked to financing terrorism,
although no official statement indicated so.
Spanish police caught Libyan area logical items that belong to
Cyrene and Apollonian sites.
Dr Abdelqader Al Saeh is currently heading the Arab group at