- ticket title
- Libya: Tripoli Clashes Situational Report No.16 (As of 23 April 2019)
- Libya: Thousands seek shelter in health clinics from Tripoli fighting, UN warns
- Briefing: What’s behind talk of a ‘migratory crisis’ in Spain
- Security Council Adopts Resolution Calling upon Belligerents Worldwide to Adopt Concrete Commitments on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Jheinawi: Ongoing War Has Dire Consequences on Tripoli and the Region
TRIPOLI– The Libyan UN-backed government decided to cooperate with the security services of eastern Libya.
Despite the signing of a UN-sponsored political agreement in 2015, Libya remains politically divided between a western and an eastern government.
Fathi Bashagha, Libyan interior minister, granted permission to all departments and security directorates of the ministry to officially contact their counterparts in the east, according to a ministry statement.
On Saturday, a group of police and security officers from different parts of the country met in the eastern city of Benghazi with the aim of uniting security efforts
Libyan security services struggle to improve security in the country, which has been suffering escalating violence and political division since the fall of former leader Muammar Gaddafi’s regime in 2011.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK