- ticket title
- Fighting Rages as Libya Force Pushes Toward Key Western City
- Fractured Tunisian Parliament Moves Toward Agreement on PM
- Merkel Stresses That Europe Has An Interest In Preventing The Escalation Of The Conflict In Libya
- The German Chancellor And The Chinese President Discuss Implementing The Outputs Of The Berlin Conference On Libya
- Chad’s Foreign Minister: The Spread Of Arms And The Worsening Situation In The Sahel Have Been Caused By The Libyan Crisis
TRIPOLI– The Libyan UN-backed government decided to cooperate with the security services of eastern Libya.
Despite the signing of a UN-sponsored political agreement in 2015, Libya remains politically divided between a western and an eastern government.
Fathi Bashagha, Libyan interior minister, granted permission to all departments and security directorates of the ministry to officially contact their counterparts in the east, according to a ministry statement.
On Saturday, a group of police and security officers from different parts of the country met in the eastern city of Benghazi with the aim of uniting security efforts
Libyan security services struggle to improve security in the country, which has been suffering escalating violence and political division since the fall of former leader Muammar Gaddafi’s regime in 2011.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK