- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
10 Feb 2015
UN-brokered talks are set to get underway this week to end Libya’s political and security crisis.
The North African country has suffered widespread political instability and violence following the overthrow of former leader Muammar al-Qhadafi in 2011.
The talks, the time and location for which have not been released for security reasons, come against a background of increased lawlessness across the country.
Reem Abaza asked the UN’s top envoy for the country, Bernandino Leon if the situation on the ground is conducive to holding a political dialogue.