- ticket title
- EU leaders must fix “broken system” that leaves people adrift at sea
- Without International Support in Libya, Spoilers Will Sabotage Political Process, Disrupt Fragile Economic Reforms, Special Representative Tells Security Council
- LIBYA: DEATH TOLL IN MILITIA CLASHES IN CAPITAL TRIPOLI RISES TO 10
- A Coup in Progress? Venezuelan Foreign Minister Decries U.S. & Brazil-Backed Effort to Oust Maduro
- Shoukry visits Hariri: We agreed to intensify our bilateral cooperation
TRIPOLI–Libyan authorities on Sunday seized 8 tons of hashish inside two containers in the port of the Libyan city of Misurata.
According to a statement issued by Misurata’s Customs Department, the narcotics were found distributed on 260 bags inside the two containers.
Authorities destroyed all the seized narcotics, the statement said.
In October 2018, authorities in Misurata seized millions of narcotic pills coming from Turkey, the largest shipment seized in Libya.
Despite weak security in Libyan sea ports, drugs and narcotics are often seized by authorities during attempts to smuggle them into the country.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK