- ticket title
- Fighting Rages as Libya Force Pushes Toward Key Western City
- Fractured Tunisian Parliament Moves Toward Agreement on PM
- Merkel Stresses That Europe Has An Interest In Preventing The Escalation Of The Conflict In Libya
- The German Chancellor And The Chinese President Discuss Implementing The Outputs Of The Berlin Conference On Libya
- Chad’s Foreign Minister: The Spread Of Arms And The Worsening Situation In The Sahel Have Been Caused By The Libyan Crisis
TRIPOLI–Libyan authorities on Sunday seized 8 tons of hashish inside two containers in the port of the Libyan city of Misurata.
According to a statement issued by Misurata’s Customs Department, the narcotics were found distributed on 260 bags inside the two containers.
Authorities destroyed all the seized narcotics, the statement said.
In October 2018, authorities in Misurata seized millions of narcotic pills coming from Turkey, the largest shipment seized in Libya.
Despite weak security in Libyan sea ports, drugs and narcotics are often seized by authorities during attempts to smuggle them into the country.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK