- ticket title
- Libya: Tripoli Clashes Situational Report No.16 (As of 23 April 2019)
- Libya: Thousands seek shelter in health clinics from Tripoli fighting, UN warns
- Briefing: What’s behind talk of a ‘migratory crisis’ in Spain
- Security Council Adopts Resolution Calling upon Belligerents Worldwide to Adopt Concrete Commitments on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Jheinawi: Ongoing War Has Dire Consequences on Tripoli and the Region
TRIPOLI–Libyan authorities on Sunday seized 8 tons of hashish inside two containers in the port of the Libyan city of Misurata.
According to a statement issued by Misurata’s Customs Department, the narcotics were found distributed on 260 bags inside the two containers.
Authorities destroyed all the seized narcotics, the statement said.
In October 2018, authorities in Misurata seized millions of narcotic pills coming from Turkey, the largest shipment seized in Libya.
Despite weak security in Libyan sea ports, drugs and narcotics are often seized by authorities during attempts to smuggle them into the country.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK