- ticket title
- US Support To Bring End To Fighting In Libya
- Department Of Antiquities Participates In Conference On Protection Of Cultural Heritage In Italy.
- Libyan Crisis Repercussions On Table During US Assistant Secretary Of State Visit To France And Italy.
- Ras Lanouf Oil And Gas Company Discuss Cooperation With Arab British Commercial Bank.
- Fourth Committee (Special Political and Decolonization)
Today at the Farnesina the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Paolo Gentiloni, received the Libyan Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Mohammed Taher Siyala. During the meeting, the two ministers explored crucial aspects of Italian-Libyan relations in the light of the ministerial meeting on Libya that was held in Vienna yesterday. Minister Gentiloni confirmed that Libya's unity and stabilisation are Italy's priority goals and are also necessary both for Libya's future development and to combat terrorism.
Mr Gentiloni assured Mr Siyala that Italy will continue to give humanitarian aid to Libya. The two ministers also talked about the possibility of reactivating the instruments set forth in the 2008 Friendship Treaty as soon as possible.
Mr Siyala thanked Italy for the fundamental role played in favouring political dialogue in Libya and also for having facilitated, through its diplomatic efforts, the support of the international community to the National Unity Government led by Al-Sarraj.
At the end of the meeting Mr Gentiloni and Mr Siyala signed a joint statement on reinforcing bilateral relations.