- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
Foreign Minister Ramtane Lamamra stressed Monday the need to determine the nuisance capacity of the self-proclaimed Islamic state terrorist organization (ISIS-Daech) in Libya and other countries and to precisely define the threat it represents.
“Consultations were held with several countries to define the nuisance capacity of the terrorist organization +Daech+ in Libya and in other regions to mobilize resources to prevent spread beyond the Libyan borders”, Lamamra added in a joint press conference with his Dutch counterpart Bert Koenders.
“We are concerned, like other countries of the world, about the threat of the terrorist organization +Daech+ for the security and stability of Libya and neighboring countries,” Lamamra stated, adding this situation pushes to “support the country by all legal means to rebuild the Libyan army and ensure that the Libyan state is the essential actor in the reconstruction process.”
As for some information about the training of elements of this organization in the use of prohibited chemical weapons, Lamamra added that “such information should be checked and requires sustained work of the relevant security authorities.”
Source : Algerie Presse Service