- ticket title
- German Government: We Expect Sustainable Ceasefire In Libya
- Italian Foreign Minister: EU Approves Mission To Prevent Weapons Entering Libya
- Algerian Foreign Minister Arrives In Tripoli
- As Libya talks resume in Geneva, UN negotiator seeks to overcome sticking points
- UN-Backed Government in Libya Suspends Talks After Attack
TRIPOLI, The International Organization for Migration (IOM) said that it delivered relief aid to 1,159 migrants in a reception center in western Libya.
“With the support of the European Union Trust Fund, we were able to reach 1,159 migrants, including 121 women and children, in Daher el Jabal detention center,” IOM said in a statement.
However, only the “much-needed” blankets were distributed, it added.
Migrant shelters in Libya are crowded with thousands of illegal immigrants who were rescued at sea or arrested by the Libyan security services.
Libya has become a preferred departure point for illegal immigrants hoping to cross the Mediterranean Sea into Europe because of insecurity and chaos in the North African country following the 2011 uprising that toppled former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK