- ticket title
- Absence of Multilateral Trade System Threatens Sustainable Development, Delegates Stress as Second Committee Takes Up Macroeconomic Policy Questions
- NAG Interior Ministry’s Undersecretary meets with the President of the National Civil Aviation Security Program.
- NAG Minister of Justice meets Deputy Head of the UN Humanitarian Mission in Libya.
- Sarraj meets with Gharyan city’s delegation in Tripoli.
- Third Committee Delegates Applaud Gains in Children’s Access to Health Care, Legal Protections, while Decrying Deadly Impact of Conflict on Their Development
ALGIERS, Dec 22– The president of the International Crisis Group (ICG), Jean-Marie Guehenno, HAS stressed the importance of finding a political solution to the Libyan crisis to preserve the country’s territorial integrity and restore peace to the region.
“We are convinced of the importance of a political solution to preserve Libya’s territorial integrity,” Guehenno told the media after a meeting with Algerian Minister for Maghreb and African Affairs Abdelkader Messahel here Sunday.
“A Libya in crisis is negative for the whole region. It is very important to lower the tensions in the country and progressively re-establish peace and calm,” stressed Guehenno.
The head of the conflict prevention non-governmental organization (NGO), noting that the situation in Libya was complex and needed to be addressed with shrewdness, described as “very important” Algeria’s commitment to a peaceful settlement of the Libyan crisis to ensure the stability of that country and, consequently, that of the whole region.