- ticket title
- JA Solar Supplies Modules for Malaysia’s First Bifacial-Plus-Trackers Project
- Zimbabwean Author Freed After Night in Jail for Protest
- South Africa Hits 500,000 Confirmed COVID Cases, Still Not at Peak
- Libya: Health Sector Bulletin (July 2020)
- CGTN：Why Chinese military enjoys extensive support from the people
NEW DELHI � India has withdrawn a police unit deployed for peacekeeping in Libya's capital Tripoli as fighting between Libyan factions to take control of the city intensified.
The Indian embassy in negboruing Tunisia, concurrently in charge of Libya, evacuated the entire contingent of 15 Central Reserve Police Force (CPRF) paramilitary personnel on Saturday, Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted on Sunday.
The situation in Libya has suddenly worsened. There is fighting in Tripoli, she said.Eastern Libya militia chief Khalifa Haftar, allied to a parallel administration in the city of Benghazi, has sent his forces to capture Tripoli from the internationally-recognised government based there.
At least 14 of Haftar's men have been killed in clashes, according to reports.
The oil-rich nation has been in turmoil since its ruler Muammar Gaddafi was toppled and assassinated in a NATO-backed rebellion in 2011.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK