- ticket title
- IOM Libya Update, 01 – 15 October 2019
- Libya’s relentless militia war: Civilians harmed in the battle for Tripoli, April-August 2019
- Deputy Italian Foreign Minister: We Are Concerned About Growing Attacks Against Civilians in Libya
- Al Wahat Security Directorate Warns Against Renting Accomodations to Unknown Persons
- Presidency Council Approves Solution to Issues Part of Misrata-Tawergha Agreement
November 14, 2014 – Winnipeg, Manitoba – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Rod Bruinooge, Member of Parliament for Winnipeg South, on behalf of Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz today announced an investment of $500,000 towards the Guy Carpenter Professorship in Agriculture Risk Management and Insurance in the Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba.
The research conducted by the Guy Carpenter Professorship will add value to the agriculture sector in Canada by stimulating sound and innovative risk management policy, as well as new private sector risk management and insurance initiatives. The position will supervise doctoral, graduate and undergraduate students and associates in conducting research projects into important issues related to agricultural risk management and insurance and will also supervise graduate students in the newly created Master of Science program in actuarial mathematics.
- This AgriRisk funding will make $100,000 dollars available to the Professorship for each of five years. Dr. Lysa Porth was selected for the position and began her role in the professorship on February 1, 2013
- The project has been funded under AgriRisk Initiatives, research and development stream which is aimed at increasing the availability of risk management tools for the agriculture sector.
“Our government’s top priority is the economy, and agriculture continues to be a driving force for the economy here in Manitoba and across Canada. We’re proud to support the continuation of this professorship which adds tremendous value to Canada’s agriculture sector.”
– Rod Bruinooge, Member of Parliament for Winnipeg South
“The Guy Carpenter Professorship held by Dr. Porth is a prime example of how a need at the industry level can be met by collaborating or partnering and tapping into the research expertise that exists at the University of Manitoba, further stimulating innovative risk management policy and initiatives.”
– Dr. Digvir S. Jayas, Vice-President (Research and International), University of Manitoba
Office of the Honourable Gerry Ritz
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @AAFC_Canada