- ticket title
- بنك الفلاح وتيراباي يدشنان خدمة التحويلات المالية المنزلية إلى باكستان
- فوربس: كومنولث دومينيكا يدير “أحد أرقى برامج الجنسية عن طريق الاستثمار في العالم” – “العمود الفقري لاستراتيجية النمو الأخضر بالجزيرة”
- شركة شنغهاي إلكتريك تحوز على عقد هندسة ومشتريات وبناء للمرحلة الخامسة من مشروع حديقة دبي الشمسية
- جي أيه سولار تقدم الوحدات الشمسية لمشروع ماليزيا الأول لأجهزة التعقب الشمسي الثنائية الجانب زائد
- هواوي تعلن عن بدء نشر مركزها الجديد للألعاب على الأجهزة الجوالة – مركز ألعاب هواوي
Advanced integration of eSIM into Windows 10 delivers an enhanced user experience
Amsterdam, December 7, 2017 – Gemalto, the world leader in digital security, is supplying the eSIM (embedded SIM) solution for Microsoft’s Surface Pro with LTE Advanced, the most connected laptop in its class1 which will begin shipping to business customers in December 2017. Gemalto’s partnership with Microsoft enabled Surface to become the first fully integrated embedded SIM PC in the Windows ecosystem.
Gemalto’s advanced technology supports seamless activation of mobile subscriptions for users of the innovative Surface Pro with LTE Advanced. This smooth experience leverages Gemalto’s remote subscription management solution in conjunction with Windows 10. Surface customers expect their products to deliver advanced technology and with Gemalto’s eSIM solution, all possible connectivity options are available out-of-box, including the purchase of cellular data from the device itself.
Compliant with the GSMA Remote SIM Provisioning specifications, Gemalto’s eSIM solution is fully integrated with Windows 10. This integration enables the Gemalto solution to have a complete servicing model so that patching and lifecycle management features are available as the technology and standards evolve over time. This capability extends the value promise of Surface as new experiences and capabilities will be available to today’s purchasers of the Surface Pro with LTE Advanced.
“The Surface Pro has redefined the laptop category,” said Paul Bischof, Director, Devices Program Management at Microsoft. “Gemalto’s eSIM solution is helping us to materialize our vision of an uncompromised customer experience.”
“Adoption of eSIM technology is growing rapidly. Mobile operators recognize the potential of seamless connectivity and increased convenience as a way of expanding their customer reach to additional devices” said Frédéric Vasnier, executive vice president Mobile Service and IoT for Gemalto. “We are at the beginning of a significant technology transformation and the Surface Pro with LTE Advanced represents the start.”
- Comparison of supported bands and modem speed for Surface Pro with LTE Advanced vs. 12″ and 13″ LTE-enabled laptops and 2-in-1 computers. Service availability and performance subject to service provider’s network. Contact your service provider for details, compatibility, pricing and activation. See all specs and frequencies at surface.com.
- Service availability and performance subject to service provider’s network. Contact your service provider for details, compatibility, pricing, and activation. See all specs and frequencies at surface.com.
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in digital security, with 2016 annual revenues of €3.1 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
From secure software to biometrics and encryption, our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 15,000+ employees operate out of 112 offices, 43 personalization and data centers, and 30 research and software development centers located in 48 countries.
Gemalto media contacts:
+1 512 257 3916
Europe Middle East & Africa
+33 4 42 55 36 57 38
+65 6317 3005
| Enriqueta Sedano
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at