- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
Foreign Secretary calls for all Libyans to support efforts for a political settlement on fourth anniversary of Libyan Revolution.
The Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said:
“On the fourth anniversary of the 17 February Revolution, I pay tribute to those Libyans who lost their lives in pursuit of a better Libya. Efforts must continue to realise the aspirations of the revolution. The murder of Egyptian Coptic Christians by ISIL-affiliated extremists underlines the urgency of this work, and strengthens our determination to work with partners to counter the terrorist threat to Libya and the region.
“The goals of the revolution will only be achieved through political dialogue that accommodates all parties in Libya. For this reason, I call upon all Libyans to support and engage with the efforts of the UN to bring about a lasting political settlement that is underpinned by a new constitution that enshrines human rights for all Libyan citizens.”
SOURCE UK Foreign amp Commonwealth Office
Source : PR Newswire