- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
20 Aug 2014
The outbreak of the Ebola haemorrhagic fever in West Africa is threatening to create a food security crisis for the affected people, according to the UN food agency.
The World Food Programme (WFP) says this is because people cannot move freely to go and work in their fields or trade.
WFP is providing food assistance to more than one million people locked down in the quarantine zones where the borders of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone intersect.
To find out more about this operation, Patrick Maigua spoke with Fabienne Pompey, WFP spokesperson at the West Africa Regional Office in Dakar Senegal.