- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
EXME 14 / 26.08
26 / 08 / 14
Western Balkans Conference in Berlin on 28 August 2014 – President Barroso, Vice President Oettinger and Commissioner Füle to attend
On Thursday (28 August), President Barroso will attend the Western Balkans Summit hosted by the German government in Berlin.
The aim is to reiterate the Union’s commitment to the European perspective of all Western Balkan countries and support for the accession process, not least by facilitating increased regional cooperation.
Heads of government and ministers from all six Western Balkans countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia). Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and France will participate at leaders’ and/or ministerial level.
President Barroso will first have a one-hour bilateral meeting with Chancellor Merkel and then participate in the leaders’ segment of the summit. He will notably introduce the discussion about regional cooperation and the EU dimension.
In the context of the summit, Commissioner Füle will attend the meeting with the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Vice President Oettinger will attend a Western Balkans business meeting.
A press conference at the Chancellery is scheduled for Thursday 17.30 with Chancellor Merkel, President Barroso and the Prime Minister of Albania Edi Rama who is the current Chair of the South East Europe Cooperation Process.
A working dinner will conclude the summit.