- ticket title
- Mixed migration routes and dynamics in Libya, May – December 2018 (January 2019)
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Panel of Experts
- UN envoy meets several members of House of Representatives
- UN envoy meets writers and artists in Benghazi
- Salama in Benghazi for Meeting With Prominent Figures
BERLIN, Germany, Sept. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — CRRC (China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation, the company), the world’s largest rolling stock manufacturer, debuted their latest, carbon fiber metro train, ‘CETROVO’, to crowds of industry leaders, railway enthusiasts and media in Berlin today. The new train is 13% lighter than traditional steel or aluminium metro trains, making it the company’s lightest and most energy-efficient to-date and the first of its kind in China. The new vehicle also has the future in mind with a range of “intelligent” design features including “magic windows’ and touch-screen enabled mirrors for a digital age of passenger travel.
Sun Yongcai, President of CRRC, said “Rail transit equipment is on the cusp of a revolution. The acceptance and introduction of carbon fiber materials have allowed for lighter, more energy-efficient trains. With that now comes the continual introduction of more intelligent services aimed at improving the maintenance, operations, and passenger experience. Moving forward, CRRC will continue to invest in research and development and the application of new technologies and carbon fiber materials on 600KM high-speed Maglev trains, high-speed EMU’s and subways”.
CETROVO aims to provide passengers with a ubiquitous “smart service” and includes a series of advanced technical features. Including, car windows that can be transformed into touch-screen displays. Passengers can watch the news, browse the web, buy tickets, watch videos and live TV shows all via CETROVO’s “magic window”. The train also comes equipped with internet-enabled touch-screen mirrors; self-cleaning seats; advanced vibration and noise reduction technology; an integrated hearing-aid system; and an air conditioning and lighting system that can ‘react’ to changing conditions for a more enjoyable journey.
Ding Sansan, Deputy Chief of Engineering of CRRC Sifang, said of the new generation train, “Lightweight manufacturing is a metro building concept to achieve better energy efficiency. Carbon fiber is the most advanced material available, and CETROVO incorporates this technology beautifully. The car body, the bogie frame, the driver’s cab equipment cabinets are all made from carbon fiber composite materials. The result is a lighter train and more space for new features.”
Additional features of the train include:
- A new energy-efficient traction system to achieve a higher energy efficiency of up to 15% compared to traditional metro trains
- Over 1,100 sensory points to monitor the train in real-time to optimise efficiency and reduce maintenance costs.
- Direct drive technology with permanent magnet synchronous motors
- A silicon carbide converter to improve traction efficiency
- An active radial system on the bogie that can control the wheelset for improved performance negotiating small-radius curves
- An internal battery that can provide traction power for up to 15KM
- A flexible 2+N composition suitable for up to 12 cars
- Substantially reduced wheel wear
To visit CRRC at InnoTrans Berlin, please stop by at Hall 2.2 / 310; for more information, please visit: http://www.crrcgc.cc/
With the aim of “building a respectable international company”, CRRC has become one of the largest rail transportation equipment companies in the world, with annual sales revenue of USD 31.538 billion in 2017. It has 83 branches in 26 countries and regions around the world, 13 overseas research and development centers, and localized manufacturing bases in the United States, India, Malaysia, South Africa, etc., with products covering 104 countries and regions on six continents.