- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
Member of Parliament Wai Young announces support for the Vancouver West Side Theatre Society
February 19, 2015 – Vancouver – Department of Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada is providing multi-year funding of $60,000 over the next two years ($30,000 in 2015–2016 and $30,000 in 2016–2017) through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund for the Chutzpah! Festival and its PLUS series. Wai Young, Member of Parliament (Vancouver South), announced this support today on behalf of the Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages.
This funding will support the 16th and 17th annual Chutzpah! Festivals and the Chutzpah!PLUS series, taking place in 2016 and 2017. The festival and series feature bold programming that showcase a variety of genres including music, dance, comedy and theatre.
Community engagement activities will be offered during the festival as well, including artist talks, free open rehearsals, workshops, and a youth education series involving free lectures and artistic residencies in remote communities on northern Vancouver Island.
- The Vancouver West Side Theatre Society is a multi-disciplinary presenter based in Vancouver. The Society presents the Chutzpah! Festival and the Chutzpah!PLUS series, an extension of the festival.
- The primary festival venue is the 318-seat Norman Rothstein Theatre, with additional performances taking place at venues throughout Vancouver.
- The Government of Canada has also provided support of $23,000 through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund for this year’s edition of Chutzpah! Festival, which is taking place from February 19 to March 15, 2015.
- The Canada Arts Presentation Fund gives Canadians increased access to the variety and richness of Canada’s culture through professional arts festivals, presentations of live professional performances and other artistic experiences.
“Our Government is proud to support the Chutzpah! Festival, a gathering that shines a spotlight on the talented artists of this country and the creative energy they bring to our cultural landscape. I would like to thank the Vancouver West Side Theatre Society and all the organizers, artists and volunteers who help bring this festival to life.”
—The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
“Over the years, the Chutzpah! Festival and its PLUS series have delighted audiences of all ages. I am pleased to see this exciting and dynamic festival continue on and provide Vancouverites and visitors with an opportunity to experience the wonderful array of activities on offer.”
—Wai Young, Member of Parliament (Vancouver South)
“The Chutzpah! Festival is a flagship professional festival for the Jewish and general community which provides a unique and eclectic cultural experience reflecting the multicultural society in which we all thrive. Increased financial support gratefully received from Canadian Heritage will enable the Chutzpah! Festival to continue to bring world-class music, dance and theatre artists to audiences, continue to facilitate world premieres and the creation of new work by Canadian artists, and allow us to grow our youth and young adult outreach locally and into rural British Columbia.”
—Mary-Louise Albert, Artistic Managing Director, Vancouver West Side Theatre Society
For more information (media only), please contact:
Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
A/Regional Communications Manager