- ticket title
- IOM Libya Update, 01 – 15 November 2019
- President of Mauritania: Fighting Terrorism in Africa Requires Solution to Libyan Crisis
- Stolen Libyan Artefacts Seized in Sidi Buzaid, Tunisia
- UN Development Programme in Libya Says Sebha Airport up and Running After Years of Closure
- Competence Document of Guiding Committee of Libyan Authorities Capacity Building Signed
For immediate release
HAMILTON, Ontario, April 1, 2015 – Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise motorists, cyclists and pedestrians that access on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge, located in Hamilton, Ontario, will be affected from April 2015 to July 2016 due to a construction project.
- The parking lot adjacent to the south pier of the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge will be closed to the public.
- The south pier will only be accessible to the public on the east side of the lift bridge where the pier extends into Lake Ontario.
- Pedestrians and cyclists who use the Breezeway and Waterfront Trails can access a temporary, enclosed walkway to connect to the sidewalk across the bridge.
This construction project is required to replace key components of the bridge’s lift system.
Short-term closures of the bridge or individual lanes will occur during the project.
Safety is a top priority for PWGSC during this project. The replacement of key components of the bridge’s lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
The schedule may change due to weather or logistical requirements.
PWGSC thanks users for their patience.
For inquiries related to the project, contact:
Media inquiries should be directed to:
Media Relations, PWGSC Ontario Region
Media Relations Unit
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Follow us on Twitter.