- ticket title
- Libyan Coast Guard rescues 184 illegal immigrants off western coast
- UN Secretary-General: Compatibility Between The Military Wings In Libya Will Enable Us To Cease Fire
- Head Of The Munich Security Conference: The European Bloc Must Speak “In A Language Of Strength” And Threat To Represent Its Interests In Libya
- UN Mission In Libya: Landmines Planted South Of Tripoli Left Dead And Wounded, Including Civilians
- Tunisian-Greek Discussions On Security Developments In Libya
For immediate release
HAMILTON, Ontario, April 1, 2015 – Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise motorists, cyclists and pedestrians that access on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge, located in Hamilton, Ontario, will be affected from April 2015 to July 2016 due to a construction project.
- The parking lot adjacent to the south pier of the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge will be closed to the public.
- The south pier will only be accessible to the public on the east side of the lift bridge where the pier extends into Lake Ontario.
- Pedestrians and cyclists who use the Breezeway and Waterfront Trails can access a temporary, enclosed walkway to connect to the sidewalk across the bridge.
This construction project is required to replace key components of the bridge’s lift system.
Short-term closures of the bridge or individual lanes will occur during the project.
Safety is a top priority for PWGSC during this project. The replacement of key components of the bridge’s lift system will extend its serviceable life, meeting the needs of both marine and vehicular traffic in the area.
The schedule may change due to weather or logistical requirements.
PWGSC thanks users for their patience.
For inquiries related to the project, contact:
Media inquiries should be directed to:
Media Relations, PWGSC Ontario Region
Media Relations Unit
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Follow us on Twitter.