- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
In a speech at the opening session, the Head of the Presidency Council of the GNA highlighted the importance of joint work between the Arab and the African sides, and the pivotal role this gathering plays in assisting Libya with its current political crisis. He welcomed the decision to set up the African Quintet committee led by Congo Brazzaville, which was assigned with the follow up of the Libyan file at the African Union. He called for closer coordination between the Arab League, the African Union, and the United Nations vis a vis the crisis in Libya. The Summit was being held under the theme 'together for sustainable development and cooperation. The Summit is chaired by President Mohamed Weld Abdul Aziz of Mauritania, who also chairs the Arab Summit 27th session. Among the senior officials who attended the opening session were President Idris Debi of Chad, the current President of the African Union, the Secretary General of the Arab League Ahmed Abu Al Ghait, the Chairwoman of the African Commission Adalamin Zuma, and representatives of regional and international organisations, African funds as well as representatives of 'Partners in Development.'
Source: Libya News Agency